Although algae are widely used in biotechnology and agriculture in Europe and worldwide, and the term algae appears in multiple legal documents, the term as such is poorly defined. Algae are very diverse group of organisms, found almost everywhere on the planet. Based on common use the term algae includes representatives from prokariotes (the cyanobacteria) and from several kingdoms of the eukariotes, whereby no scientific agreement currently exists on the exact taxonomic classification of those multiple eukaryote kingdoms.
Every year the European algae scene meets at the AlgaEurope conference. This year's conference will focus on many topics. Some of them are Physiology, Food & Feed, Processes, Biostimulants, Cosmetics and many more. The conference is organized by DLG BENELUX for 14 years now. Since 2014, the European Algae Biomass Association (EABA) is co-organizer. During this time, DLG BENLUX has acquired expertise in this globally growing market and networked with the most important institutions. AlgaEurope offers a unique opportunity for an exchange between academia and industry, established in a networking-based environment that will explore sector’s evolution worldwide as well as the main European players. Currently, there are several European projects, from lab scale to demonstration plants and commercial facilities, aiming to accelerate the commercialization of algal products.
Who should attend
- Algae Technology Developers / Suppliers
- Algae producers & cultivation plant owners and operators
- Technology providers for cultivation, harvesting, dewatering, drying, oil extraction and processing
- Venture capitalists and financial investors for biotechnology & food industries
- Biofuels Network, Animal Feed Companies, Nutraceuticals/ Pharmaceutical Companies, Fertilizer suppliers
- Water Treatment & Waste Water Professionals
EDITION 2019 IN NUMBERS
- 350 participant
- 205 companies
- 72 speakers
- 110 posters
- 20 exhibitors
Check out all participating companies from last year in Paris.