DLG has been testing feed for animals for more than 60 years. We extended our long-standing expertise in this field to pet food in 2011: dog food, cat food and other foods for pets come under scrutiny.
These products are tested for the following DLG criteria:
- Crude fat, crude protein, crude fibre, crude ash
- Calcium, phosphorus (ratio of calcium to phosphorus)
- Moisture content (dry matter)
- Energy content (calculated)
- Minerals, vitamins and trace elements as claimed on the package
- Nutritional composition
Pet food is subject to ongoing independent tests.
The DLG seal stands for quality that exceeds legal requirements and certifies guaranteed quality.