The DLG Test Center Technology and Farm Inputs is an internationally leading testing organisation for tractors, machines & utility vehicles. Drawing on an international network of experts, we offer tests to DLG standards as well as extensive testing and certification services. Our network of test labs operate in accordance with the requirements of ISO 17025 and is designated as Technical Service designated by the Federal Motor Transport Authority for homologation of vehicles and vehicle parts.
We support you in the development of machine control systems that meet the ISO 25119 standards on Functional Safety to fullfill the compliance with Machine Directive 2006/42/EC.
The safe use of machines, vehicles and equipment is of vital importance for users and operators. Therefore, the reduction and elimination of potential safety risks form must be an integral part of any development process.
The potential risks include the following:
- Foreseeable operator errors
- Malfunctions or failures of mechanical parts and electronic components
- External manipulation especially of digital network systems
We integrate functional safety and the requirements of data security into a holistic safety approach for modern agricultural machinery and technology, thereby assisting you in controlling the risks as you take your products to market.
In the fields of Functional Safety and Cyber Security, we apply common analytical methods for analysing the safety and security of components, systems and processes. We are able to provide an unbiased assessment and support in all safety and security issues.
- FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis)
FMECA (Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis)
FMEDA (Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis)
- FTA (Fault Tree Analysis)
- Markov Analysis (present state analysis)
- HAZOP (HAZard and OPerability analysis)
- ETA (Event Tree Analysis)
- RBD (Reliability Block Diagram)
The testing of functional safety involves the probalistic evaluation of probabilities of hazardous failures in various scenarios. The evaluation of the potential impact of such failures is based on the severity of the potential damage and the probability of the occurrence of an operator error or damage. Risk analyses relating to functional safety help determine the SIL values or safety integrity level values of the respective safety functions and safety targets which have to be adhered to and complied with.
In the field of Cyber Security we check the risks involved in operating machine or robotic networks and whether these are protected against hardware and software attacks. All data shared and communicated between the individual machines must be secure and protected against unauthorized access, must not be tampered and machine functions must not be impaired or manipulated.
We evaluate structural components, hardware and software solutions in accordance with the applicable standards and regulations on functional safety and cyber security.
Evaluation of components and parts
- Risk analyses (ASIL / SIL / PL / AgPL)
- Review of specifications and requirements
- Concept and design analyses
- Verification and validation
Evaluation of software and tools
- Testing development tools, tools and communication protocols
- Architecture and design analyses
- Probabilistic analyses
- Error effect analyses
Certification of components and systems
- Certification of safety processes
- Quality mark awards for systems, semiconductors, development tools and processes
DLG CERTIFIED – the quality mark on Functional Safety and Cyber Security
The DLG CERTIFIED quality mark is extended to a product on the following conditions:
- The product passed a conformity test and received a positive assessment in line with the national or international standards or statutory provisions that are specified in the quality mark.
On awarding the DLG CERTIFIED quality mark, we publish the certificate on our website in confirmation of the successful test.