In the DLG Quality Test for Cereals each product is tested in accordance with scientific quality standards and an expert report certified in compliance with DIN and ISO is produced.
The range of products tested includes:
- Food cereals and products
- Grain germ, grain flakes, also with added ingredients
- Food cereals, crushed – also with added ingredients
- Cereal extrudates
- Special cereal products with added ingredients
- Cereal foods with modified nutritional value
- Dried fruits and oilseeds
DLG test criteria:
- Product-specific sensory analysis including form, appearance, structure, consistency, chewability, odour, taste
- Packaging, labelling including data on nutritional value, resealability, ease of opening
- Analytical parameters
Cereals that pass the DLG tests receive the “DLG award winner” medal in Gold, Silver or Bronze.