In the DLG Quality Test for Ham & Sausage each product is tested in accordance with scientific quality standards and an expert report certified in compliance with DIN and ISO is produced.
The range of products tested comprises:
- Raw sausage
- Raw cured ham
- Small cooked sausages, fryer sausages, cold cuts from cooked sausage
- Sausages from cooked meat
- Cooked pieces and cooked mixtures
all products as fresh goods, in self-service packaging or as preserves
DLG test criteria:
- Product-specific sensory analysis including exterior, appearance, consistency, odour, taste
- Packaging, labelling data on nutritional value, resealability, ease of opening
- Stability test for long-life preserves
- Analytical parameters (e.g. analysis of animal species, ingredient contents)
Meat products that pass the DLG tests receive the “DLG award winner” medal in Gold, Silver or Bronze.