Top event for the plant production sector at the DLG International Crop Production Center in Bernburg-Strenzfeld (Saxony Anhalt) from 19 to 21 June 2012 - Registration deadline for exhibitors in the trial field is 8 July 2011
(DLG). With dispatch of the registration forms, preparations for the DLG Field Days 2012 are now underway. This TOP event for the entire plant production sector will be held in Saxony-Anhalt next year. From 19 to 21 June 2012 the DLG International Crop Production Center in Bernburg-Strenzfeld will be the meeting place for plant breeders, fertilizer and plant protection agent producers and service providers in the field of crop production, as well as expert and highly knowledgeable arable farmers, their consultants, marketers, users, research and academia. The DLG Field Days 2012 are being held by the DLG (Deutsche Landwirtschafts-Gesellschaft – German Agricultural Society) jointly with the Ministry for Agriculture and the Environment of the German state of Saxony-Anhalt and AGRAVIS Raiffeisen AG. The organizers are expecting over 20,000 expert visitors from home and abroad at the Bernburg-Strenzfeld Center in June 2012. The deadline for registrations by exhibitors wanting plots in the trial field is 8 July 2011. The distribution of stands on the Campus and for the machinery demonstrations will begin after 30 November 2011.
The DLG Field Days are the top event for modern crop production and are considered to be the central forum for arable farmers from throughout Germany and neighbouring countries, as well as from related business sectors. The concept of the event covers the following priority areas:
- Innovations and trends in agricultural crop production
- Production-specific arable farming measures for all crop types, including cereals, maize, potatoes, beets; oil, protein and fibre plants; forage production, catch crop cultivation, grassland, field vegetables, intensive and special crops, and also alternative uses (bioenergy, starch, etc.)
- Sustainable agriculture, such as for example quality management, efficiency of farm inputs, resistance management, traceability, product quality, quality and safety, environmental contributions, economic indicators, information about integrated and ecological arable farming
- Breeding, cultivation methods, marketing and use of alternative crops (renewable raw materials)
- Sustainable use of plant-genetic resources to secure production performances and health in crop production
- Soil protection
- Energy from the field
- Agricultural environmental programmes
- Advancement of upcoming technical specialists in agricultural crop production, including awarding of the Wilhelm Rimpau Prize for innovative and practice-driven diploma theses in plant production
- Work on controversial agricultural topics with school teachers.
There will once again be European cropping comparisons for winter wheat and winter oilseed rape with the support of the insurance company Vereinigte Hagelversicherung VVaG and UFOP (the association promoting the use of oil and protein plants). The thematic area of Energy from the Field is being promoted by the Agency for renewable raw materials (Fachagentur Nachwachsende Rohstoffe). The information programme will be rounded off by machinery demonstrations on the topics of “Drilling oil-seed rape”, “Automated steering and headland management”, “Specific fertilizing” and “Precision plant protection with field sprayers”.
In addition current arable and plant protection issues will be taken up in special shows and practical potential solutions will be presented to the expert visitors. The subjects “Soil and Water” are planned. Furthermore, other topics of special interest to arable farmers will be discussed from a practical angle in two discussion forums.
Further information and registration forms for the DLG Field Days 2012 are available from DLG Service GmbH, Eschborner Landstr. 122, 60489 Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Contact partners there are Dr. Werner Mutz, Tel. +49/69/24788-262, Dr. Wilfried Wolf, Tel. +49/69/24788-272 and Ruth Kienzler, Tel. +49/69/24788-285, Fax: +49/69/24788-113, Email: feldtage@DLG.org
. Detailed information and the registration forms are also available on the internet at www.dlg-feldtage.de/en.html