The DLG Quality Test for Beer and Mixed Beer Beverages is accredited in accordance with international norms. In the tests each product is tested in accordance with scientific quality standards and an expert report is produced.
The range of products tested comprises:
- Strong beers top-fermenting and bottom-fermenting (light, dark, export, kellerbier, amber lager, Pilsen, smoked beer, Kölsch, dark beer)
- Extra-strong beers (bock beer, extra-strong bock beer)
- Alcohol-reduced beer, non-alcoholic beer
- Medium-strong beers
- Strong wheat beer, wheat export beer
- Other beers (malt beers, porter, stout)
- Mixed beer beverages
- Craft Beer
- Product-specific sensory analysis
odour, purity of taste, body, carbonation, quality of the bitters, taste stability by comparing the A and B samples
- Packaging, labelling
checking of the label
- Analytical parameters (e.g. checking the biological stability, original wort, alcohol content, turbidity)
Beer and mixed beer beverages that pass the DLG tests receive the “DLG award winner” medal in Gold, Silver or Bronze.